I have a friend that has been married three times. Whenever
he talks about a wife, he refers to them as “my 1st ex-wife” or “my
3rd soon-to-be ex-wife.” He is very sarcastic and funny, and I truly
do not think he means what he calls his current wife, but I cannot imagine
being married three times.
We had beers recently and he introduced me to a person at
the bar as his 4th Ex-Wife. It was delightfully wicked. It was funny
because I truly believe he loves wife #3, and she’s a keeper.
The reason for this story is that recently I heard of two
different couples close to me that are getting divorced. It’s so damn sad when
relationships don’t work out, but I’m constantly flabbergasted with how easy it
is to get split nowadays. My own divorce took a couple of weeks and a court
decision that took all of 5 minutes. I’m sorry, but that’s just scandalous. I
felt that the four years of my marriage didn’t mean a thing, because I was so
suddenly single. It was disappointing, to say the least.
Nothing that involves two people, especially when children
are involved, should be this easy (legally).
I had a pastor one time who really disliked performing
marriages. This pastor firmly believed that a marriage is a civil contract, not
a religious one, and that marriages should be performed by a judge or the like.
I honestly agree. I think it would be much harder to break a contract than to
break a vow to God.
God is used to broken vows. Contracts are iron-clad.
I should clarify one thing - I AM NOT ANTI-DIVORCE - but
it’s just heartbreaking when people don’t try. When couples don’t exhaust all
options before making life-changing decisions (especially when these decisions
involve children). It’s especially
crushing when a divorce is one-sided. I’m not judging anyone for their
decision, especially when there are truly irreconcilable differences, and both
parties are living miserable, loveless lives. In all honesty I’m an ADVOCATE
for some divorces! All I’m saying is that it’s sad. I’m sad for my friends who
are ending their marriage.
I’ve been married once, and I don’t intend to ever get
married again. I haven’t even been on a date for over 6 years. If I ever find
another person to love, I’m going full Kurt Russell & Goldie Hawn all the
way. Unless of course the man is very old and very rich, cause I’m not gonna
give up that payday.
#goals

No comments:
Post a Comment