DISCLAIMER: I know there are a lot of you out there suffering with diabetes, and even worse, dealing with Type 1 diabetes. In this writing I am in no way trying to downplay your experience. However, my experience is my own, and is not a comparison to your personal journey. Also, I realize I did this to myself, so don't even.
My dudes. A couple of months ago I was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes, which is probably the most disappointing diagnosis I’ve had for all time. It frickin’ sucked to see my numbers over 300, and it explained a lot of my issues with fatigue, numbness, and vision. Even my ridiculous issue with insomnia (guess what, I’m full of sugar). It’s a real bummer.
However, even in the face of this new reality, I was not
vigilant. I still ate what I wanted, self-sabotaging like I do. I sat on my
ass, like I do. I got a glucose meter and maintained my high 300 numbers… like
I do. I was not performing at my highest level.
My doctor was not thrilled. At my latest teledoc
appointment, after reviewing more depressing bloodwork, Doctor Bobby gave me
some shit, and some tough love. Even more tragic, he mentioned insulin
injections. SCREW THAT.
I am officially OVER diabetes.
Since that appointment I’ve really been trying to improve my
lifestyle, even though it’s a daunting task. I’ve given up for so long, and am
so broken down, it’s gonna take a tilt-a-whirl to turn this shit around.
Seriously, folks…I’m a hot mess. My armpit hair is the same length as my leg
hair, and I haven’t shaved since fall. It’s deep over here, man.
If I’ve learned anything over the last month, it’s that
EVERYTHING I LOVE CONTAINS CARBS.
Seriously. WTF? I mean, I’m over here SMDH.
So, this here is my plea for help. What are your favorite
low-carb recipes? Do you have a favorite snack you like that won’t bust your
carb count? If you have diabetes, do you have any words of wisdom to impart?
Thank you kindly, my dudes. Go in peace, sugar, and bread.

No comments:
Post a Comment